Make your donation today, any amount large or small will greatly help Marines and their families in times of need.
Or Mail Check Payable to: Gen. Smedley D. Butler Detachment 741 MCL. Note on your check, “Contributions-Special”.
We pledge to our supporters that their contributions will be distributed without deductions for Detachment purposes, distributed within one year of receipt and distributed with no geographic preference.
The Detachment is a Veterans Service organization and a 501(c) (4) corporation to which donations are tax deductible under special exemption from the Internal Revenue Service. Its tax ID Number is EIN 232687554.
“Help US Help Help Our Heroes”
Since 1990, Detachment 741 of the Marine Corps League has been helping service members and their families when the unexpected happens. Your donations will help us provide assistance and support to Marines who experience financial difficulties resulting from deployments, separations, family emergencies and other hardships of military life.
A partial list of financial and other assistance not met through government sources includes:
• A family’s lost income from a member called to active duty.
• Personal articles for hospitalized wounded.
• Funds to construct affordable housing on Department of Defense hospital grounds which temporarily house wounded and their families.
• Travel and visitation expenses incurred by a family visiting and caring for its hospitalized family member.
• Lost income and additional expenses incurred while a spouse takes a leave of absence from work to visit and care for a wounded family member.
• Loss of financial benefits resulting from delays in processing disability claims. Disability pay applicants may expect to wait an average of 179 days to process their claims according to current DVA sources. 600,000 veterans are awaiting disposition of their disability claims.
• Rehabilitation equipment and facilities not covered by public benefits.
• Support for hospitalized veterans such as clothing, phone cards and recreational aids.
Yearly donations are to the following veterans and charitable organizations:
Air Compassion for Veterans (ACV)
America 4R Marines
American Gold Star Mothers
Building for America’s Bravest
Coatesville VA Medical Center
Concerns of Police Survivors (COPS)
Fisher House Foundation
The Four Chaplains Memorial Foundation
Gathering of Eagles
GCRRA Grand Canyon Warriors Trip
Homes for Our Troops
Honor Flight Philadelphia
Hope for the Warriors
The Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund
Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund
KWVA Wounded Warrior Fund
Marines Helping Marines
Marple Newtown High School LINK
Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society
Operation First Response
Philadelphia Stand Down
Philadelphia VA Medical Center
Philadelphia Veterans House
Philadelphia Veterans Multi-Service & Education Center
Ride 2 Recovery
Scotland School for Veterans’ Children
Semper Fi Fund
Society of St. Vincent DePaul
Socks For Soldiers
Surrey Services for Seniors
Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors
Travis Manion Foundation
United Methodist Neighborhood Services
Upper Darby Detachment Marine Corps League Ladies Auxiliary
Upper Mainline YMCA
USO OF PA & Southern NJ
Veterans Administration Community Living Center of Philadelphia
Veterans Multi-Service Center (VMC)
Wall Street War Fighters Foundation
Wounded Warrior Project
Wounded Warrior Regiment’s
Yes We Care